voices

Jesse Sheidlower jester at PANIX.COM
Wed Sep 27 13:29:42 UTC 2000

> > This reminded me of the wonderful description of the voice of the
> > actress (whose name escapes me at the moment, Joan something, but who
> > played in an early version of The Importance of Being Ernest & Tight
> > Little Island & later in Tom Jones) as champagne over gravel.
> >
> > Rima
> >
> It Had to be Joan Greenwood..

I adore, revere, worship Joan Greenwood. Her voice is the sexiest
thing I've ever heard. When one of her movies is on, it's all I can
do to not sit there drooling at the television.

But you forgot her best movies! What about Kind Hearts and Coronets?
Or The Man in the White Suit?

Sorry for the off-topicness.

Jesse Sheidlower
OED