Female Genitalia

Douglas G. Wilson douglas at NB.NET
Wed Sep 27 22:01:51 UTC 2000

At 11:33 AM 9/27/00 -0400, you wrote:
> >"Nappy dugout" presumably refers to
> >the "feminine napkin."
>
>I have no real-world context for this, but it occurs in the movie "Bullworth"
>as a hip-hop term that Bullworth learns from Hallie Berry's character and
>later uses himself.  In that context, it seemed to be equivalent to "pussy,"
>esp. in the sense in which "pussy" is something to be "gotten."
>
>I took the derivation of it to be that it is something that is nappy on top
>(i.e., nappy hair) and "dug out," underneath.

Sounds reasonable.

I remember "nappy hair", "nappy head" from my youth, and I suppose they're
still current. "Nappy" means "kinky" but I think there was/is often an
implication of 'unkempt'. I think this was/is largely a 'black' usage.

"Nappy" also means "fuzzy" or "downy".

Thorne's dictionary shows "nappy hair" = "pubic hair". I'm not personally
familiar with this one.

Chapman's dictionary shows a different sense: "nappy" = "dirty; messy", not
restricted to hair, given as UCLA students' slang, 1980's.

-- Doug Wilson