Female Genitalia

Douglas G. Wilson douglas at NB.NET
Thu Sep 28 15:11:51 UTC 2000

>I would suppose that "nappy" = "fuzzy" or the like, as in "nappy
>hair".

I agree, as I've already noted (in a recent post).

[However, note that Thorne's dictionary claims that 'nappy hair' = 'pubic
hair' is reinforced by British 'nappy' = 'diaper'. Certainly it is at least
as reasonable to presume reinforcement by 'sanitary napkin'.]

Incidentally, 'dugout' might be along the lines of 'dugout canoe' rather
than 'baseball dugout'. The 'boat' simile has been used now and then ....

-- Doug Wilson