Genitalia

Bill Smith wh5mith at MINDSPRING.COM
Fri Sep 29 00:41:15 UTC 2000

In the posting below, I wrote a "see below," but omitted the "below.  Here
it is:
Are [aiS] and [IS] English sounds?  Aside from proper nouns (e.g.
"Fleischmann"), foreign words used only in the context of their native
territories (e.g. "Reich"), and dialects in which [I] is raised to [i], I
can't think of any.  Is that due to a failure of my memory retrieval, or do
such words not exist?
Bill