FYI: World Wide Words update

Michael Quinion editor at WORLDWIDEWORDS.ORG
Sat Sep 30 08:32:47 UTC 2000

Many thanks to every one who replied to my query about "whopper
jawed".

On a vaguely related note, you may be interested to hear about
some changes in the World Wide Words website this weekend.

Its URL has changed to <http://www.worldwidewords.org>. If you
have a bookmark, or have a Web site with a link, I'd be very
grateful if you would change it.

The site has been revamped with a new navigation system, a full-
text search facility has been added, and parts of the site have
been reorganised. This aim is to make what is now a rather large
site (700+ pages) easier for visitors to find their way around.

The focus of World Wide Words is on etymology and new words,
though the mix also includes book and CD-ROM reviews, usage
queries, notes on words in the news, and answers to questions.
The approach is resolutely non-technical and will be of interest
to anyone who is intrigued by the language.

--
Michael Quinion
Editor, World Wide Words