Pissant.

Wed Apr 4 19:59:09 UTC 2001

I have the variant "pisswillager,' with a pretty general derogatory
sense - annoying, insignificant person. I'm pretty sure I had this
term in my youth (Louisville), but it was a somewhat fanciful term,
not nearly as common in my speech as 'pissant.'

dInIs

--
Dennis R. Preston
Department of Linguistics and Languages