bubble stuff

James A. Landau JJJRLandau at AOL.COM
Wed Apr 18 12:22:57 UTC 2001

> -- Mark A. Mandel said:
> What do you call the liquid that comes in a bottle the size of an adult's
> fist with a wand that has a ring on the end that holds a film of the stuff
> that you blow through, or sweep through the air, to produce a trail of soap
> bubbles? I called it "bubble stuff" when I was a kid,

C. V. Boys _Soap Bubbles and the forces which mould them_ London: Society for
Promoting Christian Knowledge, 1890.  Available on-line at the Cornell
Digital Math Library http://cdl.library.cornell.edu/cdl-math-browse.html

page 76 "...blow a bubble in the water against the match.  As soon as it
touches the glass plate, which should be wetted with the soap solution..."
and "...the surface of the soap water."

         - Jim Landau

More information about the Ads-l mailing list