Names for Dot-Com Layoffs

Gareth Branwyn garethb2 at EARTHLINK.NET
Thu Apr 26 22:17:11 UTC 2001

I heard this one myself on the voice mail message of a laid off
department V.P. at a computer firm. Paraphrase: "The employee you have
tried to reach has be uninstalled. Please dial zero to speak with the
operator." I hope that this was a cruel comment being made by the
employee himself and not the official message left by the company, but
we'll never know. I can't image this being used seriously, but I'm sure
crueler things have happened in corporate America.