acconstrainments (fwd)

Sun Aug 26 14:06:04 UTC 2001

If you look under accoutrement (surely the sense here) in the OED,
you will find that this modern French word (now firmly in English)
has variant spellings in older French which come very close to the
form cited. I wouod gloss it as if it were this item.

dInIs

--
Dennis R. Preston
Department of Linguistics and Languages