Spanish Practices

Douglas Bigham TlhovwI at AOL.COM
Wed Aug 29 05:57:35 UTC 2001

A close friend of my uses "spanish" as an adjective (and "spanish practice"
for the noun) for something like "quick, shoddy, sketchy, unorganized".  For
example, this would be a very "spanish" posting.  My "spanish practices" in
e-mail can be annoying.

He claims it came from the WWF (wrestling not wildlife).  A character, X-Pac
(I think), was/is often described as have a "spanish" wrestling style.  Two
years ago I noted this and asked him about it because I had NEVER heard it
before.  According to him, he's been saying this since at least 1988-- when
he first started to watch WWF.

-dsb
Douglas S. Bigham
Southern Illinois University - Carbondale