BMW

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Wed Aug 29 19:52:49 UTC 2001

   Greetings from Krakow, Poland.

BMW--likier Bailey's, likier Malibu, Wodka
(Ah!  Wodka!  And all this time I thought it was a BMV!--ed.)

POLONAISE--OED has 1797?  Then 1813 and 1861?  No mention of Chopin?  Do they want me to do better?
(I was at a Chopin playing yesterday, and visited his birthplace today--ed.)

PENGUIN--a nun.
(Told by my tour guide on a visit to the Black Madonna shrine.  He's gotta do better--ed.)

POLISH PROVERBS:

Success is like a fart, only your own smells nice.
(My tour guide has really got to do better--ed.)

It's like ten people in a Russian tank.
(Poland version of crowded, "like Grand Central Station"--ed.)