"Mickey Mouse"

Fri Dec 7 15:27:11 UTC 2001

I don't understand "Mickey Mouse" the same as you.  To
me it simply means without substance, something not to
be taken seriously, something trivial.  The behavior
of some people or organizations certainly falls in
this category.  Unfortunatly, Mickey Mouse behavior is
often backed by, even the direct result of, public
laws and corporate policies and such.

--- Mark.Mandel at LHSL.COM wrote:
> Does anyone know how the phrase "Mickey Mouse" came
> to describe "a person
> or organization with a lot of poorly-justified,
> nit-picking rules"? IMHO
> the cartoon character isn't like that and never has
> been.
>
> (This question arises from a discussion of
> intellectual property rights on
> another list I'm on. It is completely unrelated to
> today's being the
> hundredth anniversary of the birth of Walter Elias
> Disney.)
>
> -- Mark

=====
SLC, UT                        |it is that we will be sued