jeet chet

Fri Dec 7 16:10:25 UTC 2001

I think (but I haven't seen it for a while, and, as Ellen Johnson
suggests, it is a bit old-timey) that the entire conversation from
the old Shuy-Preston USIA film was

Jeet chet?
Nachet. Jew?
No.
Skweet. Slate.

dInIs (who could also tell you who the creole speaker is when Roger
plays the tape recorder, but won't)

--
Dennis R. Preston
Department of Linguistics and Languages