diabetes

Fri Dec 14 17:28:44 UTC 2001

Picky, picky!  But you're right, of course (and phonetically, we should be
using APA [D] for the flap).  In fact, the more I say this word to myself,
the more I realize I alternate between the two prons.  Isn't this common
with "bookish" or learned terms like 'diabetes'?  I suspect it's not a
regional matter at all.