Spit, spat, spitten

Donald M. Lance LanceDM at MISSOURI.EDU
Thu Feb 1 04:45:35 UTC 2001

(Not sure my first reply made its way through the maze before me.)  OK, now that Beverly
has opened the doors....
Nowadays we might use the archaic-sounding "beshitten drawers" an a short of analogue to
Chaucer's "thy fundament depeynt" in reference to the Pardoner.  I understand that there's
a Yiddish expression for a geezer who ... (too delicate to say -- but it's only because of
those hemorrhoids!) ... is "Alterkaka."
DMLance