Clemintines briefly revisited

Kim & Rima McKinzey rkm at SLIP.NET
Thu Feb 1 21:44:52 UTC 2001

Re our recent thread - the food section of the SF Chronicle yesterday
had its feature article on citrus.  In a list of Mandarin Oranges,
which the article says:
"The large and growing mandarin family includes the Page, Dancy,
Honey, Satsuma, Fairchild and Clemintine varieties.  Mandarins
generally have thin, easy-to-peel skin and separate easily into
segments.  They may be seedless or seedy.  ..."

Also (and to my surprise), it also lists tangerines.  The article
stated: "A commercial name usually given to deeply colored mandarins
such as the Dancy.  It has no botanical meaning."

RIma