Stroganoff; Smoothie; Mud

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Fri Feb 2 02:20:30 UTC 2001

BEEF STROGANOFF (continued)

   I checked my AMERICAN COOKERY magazine index sheets, and the earliest "Beef Stroganoff" is in 1935.
   The dish may indeed by much older than the 1920s/1930s, but I can't find that in English.

SMOOTHIE (continued)

   Some addition spellings and cites.

ELECTRIC BLENDER RECIPES (M. Barrows and Company, Inc., NY, 1952) by Mabel Stegner.
Pg. 54:
   MILK SMOOTHEES
   Milk smoothee is the name we have given to a milk beverage into which fruit or other ingredients have been blended for added flavor.
Pg. 55:
   APRICOT SMOOTHEE...(Recipe follows--ed.)
   BANANA SMOOTHEE...
   COFFEE SMOOTHEE...
Pg. 56:
   PEACH SMOOTHEE...
   PINEAPPLE SMOOTHEE...
   STRAWBERRY JAM SMOOTHEE...
   YOGURT PEACH SMOOTHEE...
   YOGURT PINEAPPLE SMOOTHEE...
Pg. 57:
   YOGURT STRAWBERRY SMOOTHEE...
Pg. 197:
   MILK SMOOTHEES
Pg. 198:
   BANANA SMOOTHEE...
Pg. 199:
   PINEAPPLE SMOOTHEE...
   STRAWBERRY SMOOTHEE...
Pg. 200:
   CHOCOLATE MINT SMOOTHEE...
   PEANUT BUTTER SMOOTHEE...

MARY MEADE'S MAGIC RECIPES FOR THE ELECTRIC BLENDER (Bobbs-Merril Company, Indianapolis, 1952, 1956) by Ruth Ellen Church.
("Hawaiian Punch" made with curacao or Grand Marnier is on page 130--ed.)
Pg. 161:
   Pineapple Smoothie...

6 June 1977, NATION'S RESTAURANT NEWS, pg. 19, col. 1:
_Smoothie No. 3_
_eyes sales_
_of $600,000_
   PATERSON, N.J.--California Smoothie has opened its third unit in the Garden State, apparently fertile ground for its fresh fruit shakes that carry price markups of 1,100%.

MISSISSIPPI MUD CAKE/PIE (continued)

  See attached.