s**t

Mark A. Mandel Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM
Fri Feb 2 22:00:54 UTC 2001

Beverly Flanigan <flanigan at OAK.CATS.OHIOU.EDU> writes:

OK, at the risk of soiling my pristine reputation, I'm going to ask if the
first paradigm above also works for the verb "shit":  Does anyone use
"shat" for p.t. and p.p.?  (Horrors, did I really write that??)  My
dictionary doesn't even include the base word!
<<<<<

<raises hand> I don't use the verb very often, but when I do use the past
tense it's more likely to be "shat" than "shit", except in idioms such as
"He nearly ~ a brick." I think I hardly ever use the perfect tense of
"shit".

-- Mark