[Fwd: Re: Fw: Emoticons/smileys in Word]

Drew Danielson drew.danielson at CMU.EDU
Mon Feb 5 21:45:35 UTC 2001

Drew Danielson wrote:

> Alice Faber wrote:
> >
> > Drew Danielson said:
> > >
> > >auto-formatting or auto-text features (like the automatic replacement of
> > >"To whom it may concern:" with "Dear Sir or Madam:").
> >
> > Does it *really* do this last?
>
> It does on my machine....

OK I take it back.  It WANTS to change this salutation, and prompts me
to allow it to.  It's not automatic - I have to hit enter when an
autotext prompt appears above what I am typing, and this only occurs if
the page is otherwise laid out like a letter.  I suppose I can shut this
off too, though I further supposed that the salutation it's trying to
get me to use is more current.