Parrothead/Parrot Head

David M. Robertson dmsnake at USIT.NET
Tue Feb 6 04:08:09 UTC 2001

Lynne Murphy wrote: A parrothead

> >    is a Jimmy Buffett fan, just as a deadhead follows the Grateful Dead.
> >    Both are either one word or two words. "Deadhead" made the RHHDAS; I
> >    don't know the fate of "parrothead."
>
> And if you're a fan of Moxy Früvous you're a Frühead.  There must be dozens of -head = fan items.  http://www.fruhead.com/

Two interesting ones spring immediately to mind.

Fans of the band Widespread Panic refer to themselves as "Spreadheads."

And there are fans of some musician named Richard (I think it is Richard Thompon, but I won't swear to that) who have a fine
sense of humor and refer to themelves as (you guesed it) "Dickheads."

   Snake