To 86

Johanna N Franklin johannaf+ at ANDREW.CMU.EDU
Thu Feb 8 19:23:07 UTC 2001

    And there was that thing this fall when RU-486 was approved... some
people thought that the name was code for "Are you for killing?" - "RU 4
86?"  I remember one very well known person saying this - I think it
might have been Pat Robertson - but it would suggest that "86" is some
sort of slang (relatively old, I think) for "to kill."

    Johanna

Excerpts from mail: 8-Feb-101 Re: To 86 by Alice Faber at HASKINS.YALE