Mamas

Mark A. Mandel Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM
Fri Feb 9 20:06:32 UTC 2001

"James A. Landau" <JJJRLandau at AOL.COM> writes:

There was (is?) a well-known singing group called "The Mommas and the
Papas".
Every time I hear that name I recall reading (I think in Polly Adler's _A
House Is Not A Home_) that "mama" and "papa" were terms for two types of
Lesbians.  Any connection?
<<<<<

None at all. They were very popular in the 60s and early 70s and consisted
of two heterosexual couples. Their history did include a fairly
well-publicized affair between one of the men and the woman of the other
couple.

By the way, it was The *MAMAS* and the Papas, not "Mommas".

-- Mark A. Mandel