..Occidentals..

Mark A. Mandel Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM
Mon Feb 12 16:54:24 UTC 2001

GSCole <gscole at ARK.SHIP.EDU> writes:

In today's Sunday Patriot-News (Harrisburg, PA), 11 FEB 2001, p. H2,
col. 1, is a news item by Beverly Fortune, of The Lexington
Herald-Leader, titled "Some feel fountains add energy.

2nd paragraph:  "As more Occidentals dip into the ancient Chinese
philosophy of feng shui, fountains are popping up everywhere."

The article is noting the benefits of having a water fountain in either
your home or your office.  Given the recent discussion on this list, I
thought that the item might be of interest.
<<<<<

What's a "water fountain" as opposed to a "fountain"? To me, a water
fountain is an installation where a little stream of water jets up and you
put your lips to it to drink from the arc (aka "bubbler" in some regions;
we've discussed this). But I don't think this is what you mean.

   Mark A. Mandel : Dragon Systems, a Lernout & Hauspie company
          Mark_Mandel at dragonsys.com : Senior Linguist
 320 Nevada St., Newton, MA 02460, USA : http://www.dragonsys.com
                     (speaking for myself)