dialect in novels

Matthew Gordon GordonMJ at MISSOURI.EDU
Thu Feb 22 16:43:27 UTC 2001

The late Chicago columnist, Mike Royko did at least one piece written in
a mock Ebonics style. It represents some AAVE features fairly
accurately, but contains a few hyper-vernacular oddities. I don't have
the piece in front of me, so I can't give you the date. It appeared in
the Tribune, probably sometime right after the Oakland Ebonics news hit.