Shoofly Pie (and wind* wipers)

Mark A. Mandel Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM
Thu Feb 22 16:43:05 UTC 2001

Luanne von Schneidemesser and Peter Richardson both questioned the phrase
"window wipers". My reaction was the same as theirs, but that's how the
comic has it. I don't know whether it's dialectal -- the strip is Canadian
in setting, and I assume in origin -- or idiolectal, or what.

Hmm.  Is window wipers the common term?  I'd say only windshield wipers.

Luanne
<<<<<

I would too. This one reminds me of something a DJ in Mountain Home,
Arkansas said back in the 50s: "Now we're gonna hear 'Bluebird on my
Windshield--er, Windowsill'."
<<<<<

-- Mark