Man about a horse

storkrn storkrn at EMAIL.MSN.COM
Fri Feb 23 00:10:03 UTC 2001

Others said:

So did I.  "Man about dog" is included in an (I think) Ogden Nash
poem composed of a list of euphemisms for excretion.

    Johanna

Excerpts from mail: 22-Feb-101 Re: A Man about a Horse by Sallie
Lemons at MSDW.COM
> Horse and dog are interchangeable in my experience, but...I thought it meant
> having to go to the rest room. Did I ever get this one wrong!

In my part of New England (CT and ME) it was always a man who said it and he was usually looking for the men's restroom. The
version used by my uncle and the rest of the family (they were hunting and fishing guides in Maine) when riding in the car
and stopping beside the road to look for a convenient tree was "Gotta go chase a rabbit".

Sharyn storknurse