presidential nominative-objective

Lynne Murphy lynnem at COGS.SUSX.AC.UK
Fri Feb 23 16:22:49 UTC 2001

Following on our recent conversation about 'between you and I', here's a
case of 'with he and ...' from GWB's press conference yesterday:

"I, first, look forward to the visit," Bush said. "I'm anxious to meet the
prime minister. We've had a couple of good conversations on the telephone.
I'mthankful that he's coming across the -- actually coming down from Canada
-- but coming across to see, to visit us. Laura and I are looking to having
a private dinner with he and Mrs. Blair Friday night.  "

Lynne

M Lynne Murphy
Lecturer in Linguistics
University of Sussex