Fwd: Second Call for Papers for the 7th Conference on Language, Interaction, and Culture

Sonja L. Lanehart lanehart at ARCHES.UGA.EDU
Tue Jan 16 19:23:36 UTC 2001

FYI

>From: "LD Linton" <ldl0 at umail.ucsb.edu>
>To: <admin at linguistics.Arizona.edu>, <aeojeda at ucdavis.edu>,
>         <akaye at fullerton.edu>, <csli at Csli.Stanford.edu>,
>         <esl-linguistics at csun.edu>, <gsil at rcf-fs.usc.edu>, <jgeddes at ucsd.edu>,
>         <kbrown at weber.ucsd.edu>, <linganth at galileo.cc.rochester.edu>,
>         <linginfo at uclink.berkeley.edu>, <linguist at email.sjsu.edu>,
>         <linguist at uci.edu>, <linguistics at gunet.georgetown.edu>,
>         <linguistics at uchicago.edu>, <lrc at ling.ucsc.edu>,
>         <penguists at BABEL.ling.upenn.edu>, <selleck at stanford.edu>,
>         <sells at Csli.Stanford.edu>, <teresa.wells at asu.edu>,
>         <ucscling at hum.ucsc.edu>, <webmaster at crl.ucsd.edu>,
>         <wildnerbe at u.arizona.edu>, <yvonne.thompson at sonoma.edu>
>Subject: Second Call for Papers for the 7th Conference on Language,
>Interaction, and Culture
>Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 08:09:37 -0800
>Sender: owner-linganth at ats.rochester.edu
>Hello,
>
>     I would appreciate your posting of the call for papers below on
>any lists that may be relevant to the study of language,
>interaction, and culture?
>LD Linton
>
>Seventh Annual Conference on Language, Interaction, and Culture
>
>SECOND Call for Papers
>
>(PLEASE NOTE EXTENSION OF SUBMISSION DEADLINE TO FEB. 1, 2001!)
>

>Date: April 12-14, 2001
>
>Location:  University of California, Santa Barbara
>
>Plenary Speaker: Michael Lynch, Cornell University
>
>Website:  http://orgs.sa.ucsb.edu/liso
>

>The annual conference promotes interdisciplinary research and
>discussion in the analysis of naturally occurring human interaction.
>Submissions from national, international, and University of
>California scholars are encouraged.  Research papers should address
>topics in the study of language, interaction, and culture, and
>should consist of naturally occurring data.  Potential methods
>include, but are not limited to, conversation analysis, discourse
>analysis, ethnographic methods, ethnomethodology, interactional
>linguistics, and interactional sociolinguistics.
>
>The Conference on Language, Interaction, and Culture is jointly
>organized and sponsored by the Language, Interaction, and Social
>Organization (LISO) group and the Center for Language, Interaction,
>and Culture (CLIC).  LISO is an interdisciplinary faculty and
>graduate student organization located on the campus of the
>University of California, Santa Barbara.  CLIC is a center comprised
>of interdisciplinary faculty and graduate students located on the
>campus of the University of California, Los Angeles.  LISO and CLIC
>are composed of researchers from the departments of Anthropology,
>Applied Linguistics, Education, English, Linguistics, Psychology,
>and Sociology.
>

>Submission Guidelines
>
>Presentations will be 20 minutes in length followed by a 10-minute
>discussion period.  Submissions from graduate students and junior
> [...]

Sonja L. Lanehart
Department of English      706-542-2260 (office)
University of Georgia      706-542-1261 (messages)
300 Park Hall              706-542-2181 (fax)
Athens, GA 30605-6205      lanehart at arches.uga.edu