schedule --pronunciation

Bob Haas highbob at MINDSPRING.COM
Sat Jan 27 20:55:51 UTC 2001

Is it possible that the situation was reversed, and the offender used
"shedule," and that's led Parker to reply with "Oh, skit!"?  I'm not sure
that Parker would have used "shedule," but it is entirely possible.  The
story seems to work a little better, though, at least for my picture of
Parker, if her reaction was a negative take on the less familiar
pronunciation of schedule.

I'm from NC, and I've only heard one person ever use "shedule," an ex of
mine who was English herself.  Her accent was quite proper English public
school, very lovely to an Anglophile such as myself.