Spot?

Pearsons, Enid epearsons at RANDOMHOUSE.COM
Mon Jan 29 15:01:53 UTC 2001

Once again, I hate knowing this, but back when I was a tortured adolescent I
learned that in England a "spot" was what we in the U.S. call a "pimple."
The kind with little white heads sometimes get squeezed by unknowing people,
who don't realize that doing that can leave scars.  Or so my dermatologist
told me.

Enid Pearsons
Senior Editor, Reference
Random House, Inc.