"is is"

David M. Robertson dmsnake at USIT.NET
Wed Jan 31 03:22:22 UTC 2001

Wouldn't it be better to replace the "is is" with "was was"? But "is was" might be OK as well.
Either way, it might be stylistically better to make it "I thought that a requirement for
joining this list was knowing who Tartaglia was." (To speak for myself, I didn't know who
Tartaglia was until just a few minutes ago.)

   Snake