Italians and Jokes

Tue Jul 3 14:08:06 UTC 2001

On mardi 3 juillet 2001 09:36, Alfred Rosa <arosa at ZOO.UVM.EDU> wrote:
>I have not spent my professional life trying to educate people to a more
>enlightened regard for others' ethnicity, race, religion, gender, and sexual
>orientation to have this sort of slur pop up on one of the professional
>listervs to which I subscribe, especially one devoted to language use, and
>not say anything about it.  It would be nice to think that all members of
>the list would also decry such a posting.  It might say a lot about who we
>are and what we believe in.

I am as inclined to condemn the unreasonably outraged and inappropriately indignant
list members as I am the original poster. If anyone wants to address the issue, they
should speak directly to the original poster (whose email address is obviously
available) off-list rather than trying to raise a mob on-list.

--
Grant Barrett
gbarrett at worldnewyork.org
http://www.worldnewyork.org/