legal term sought

Baker, John JBaker at STRADLEY.COM
Tue Jul 3 14:43:13 UTC 2001

        As I understand it, an affiliation order is a court order declaring
paternity.  It is sometimes combined with a maintenance order, which orders
child support payments.

        I'm not aware of any general American equivalent, although there may
be specialized terms in some jurisdictions.  Most American lawyers would
simply refer to a court order declaring paternity and ordering child
support.

John Baker