For : Bethany Dumb Ass (fwd)

Bethany K. Dumas dumasb at UTKUX.UTCC.UTK.EDU
Wed Jul 4 18:40:02 UTC 2001

I am going to forward to the list every message of this type that I get.
We need to share the wealth, I think. But I am not (with one
exception) replying to any of these ill-informed idiots. All this is
serving one useful purpose - it underscores the enormously important role
of context in communication.

Bethany

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2001 11:07:19 -0700
From: Joseph Balletta <balletta at efn.org>
To: Trimtantre at aol.com
Cc: dumasb at utkux.utcc.utk.edu
Subject: Re: For : Bethany Dumb Ass

I agree education doesn't make one free of there bigotries, that is
formal education,because formal education is still steeped in racial
predjudices.
    However, when one has the opportunity to read what they want in a
more generalist fashion, there education becomes more well- rounded.

    Specialization doesn't make for Renaissance individualists.

Formal education is usually geared to fit someone into the market place
and doesn't make one a scholar!

    Out of
 all the things one can say about Italians the fact that this
"individual" has made a joke in absolutely vile taste(NonTaste)
indicates that she is tasteless  and usually tasteless people can be
mean as well(that is small).

     Maybe, Mrs Ebenezer Scrooge will see the light yet?

                              balletta at efn.org