ketchup

Steve K. stevek at SHORE.NET
Mon Jul 9 22:20:32 UTC 2001

On Sun, 8 Jul 2001, ANNE V. GILBERT wrote:

> Ketchup is the *usual* topping for hotdogs in the Seattle area(usually mixed
> with mustard).

Requesting ketchup on hot dogs at certain hot dog places in Chicago will
be met with a flat out no. Some places won't desecrate a hot dog with
ketchup, and hand the ketchup to the patron separately, with a deep,
burning glare.

Asking for a hot dog with everything gets you everything but ketchup.
Since I hate ketchup on hot dogs myself, I would say "Everything except
ketchup" and the response would always be "They don't come with ketchup."