Himbette?

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Thu Jul 26 02:49:27 UTC 2001

and at 9:43 PM -0400 7/25/01, Douglas G. Wilson wrote:
>I suppose a bimbette is a young or immature bimbo.
>
>I suppose a himbo is a male bimbo.
>
>I suppose a himbette is a young or immature male bimbo.

I take a himbette rather to be 'a female himbo', and hence, by substituting in,
'a [female [male bimbo]]'.  Whether or not this reduces to 'bimbo'
I'll have to leave to the subtle intuitions of the editors of
Entertainment Weekly.  Perhaps it's just another case of the Triumph
of the Unmarked Male.

larry