Maury Paul & Lucius Beebe

James A. Landau JJJRLandau at AOL.COM
Fri Jul 27 14:34:22 UTC 2001

In a message dated 7/27/01 9:14:42 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
dcamp911 at JUNO.COM writes:

> You must be of my generation. Recently there was a piece on one of the
>  news channels about Frommer's latest edition, "Europe on 70 Dollars a
>  Day." I pulled out my two very dog-eared copies of the 5-a-Day book and
>  wept.

Height (or depths?) of the Baby Boomer generation, born 1947.  The American
Lit prof was from the school year 1965-66.  How Lucius Beebe got into a class
which concentrated on extracting any juice from the likes of Jonathan Edwards
and Cotton Mather is beyond me.  (It was a fun class, though.  Typical class
discussion was about why the phrase "pursuit of happiness" was in the
Declaration of Independence.)  I think I remember the incident solely because
a friend of mine was dating a girl named Beebe.

      Jim Landau