Founding Fathers vs. Founders

Baker, John JBaker at STRADLEY.COM
Mon Jul 30 04:14:07 UTC 2001

        The Supreme Court, at least, has long preferred founders or
Founders, using that term much longer and more often than Founding Fathers.
See, e.g., Rhode Island v. Massachusetts, 37 U.S. 657, 736 (1838), and
hundreds of more recent cases.  The more casual "Founding Fathers" seems to
(Reed, J., dissenting).

John Baker