knowumsayin; Promosexual; Pocket Opera

Wed Jun 6 23:52:22 UTC 2001

No, the questioner (who stretches the idea of word to include allegro
speech phrases), has "Do you know what I am saying" in mind. My
favorite treatment of this in popular culture is in in a Oliphant
cartoon where one of his "little people" outide the main action it
says "Nome sane." I pretty sure it was during the universal press
misunderstanding of the so-called Ebonics debate.

dInIs

--
Dennis R. Preston
Department of Linguistics and Languages