Pizzas (in Vilnius, Lithuania)

Sun Jun 10 22:56:45 UTC 2001

WHAT! A "Caruso" with no chicken liver? No wonder dictionaries don't
give a whack about pizza labels in Vilnius.

I have to say that hearing of Italian food in Eastern Europe takes me
back many years (watch out! old codger story coming!). After more
than a year in Poznan in 1972-3 (western Poland for the
geographcially challenged) and not much in the way of "international
fare" (which bothered others more than me, I must say), a Bar Piccolo
opened in the Old Town square. All Poznaniaks rushed there and were
treated to "Spaghetti Italiana" - a big plate ot spaghetti, topped
with tomato sauce (local canned variety of course), but with a large
keilbasa placed artistically on the top.

Taaaaaaka ladnia (y smaczny tesz)!

dInIs

--
Dennis R. Preston