"software" coinage

Tue Jun 12 17:33:37 UTC 2001

I would say his much more important contribution to the lexicon of
the language is his own name's embellishment of the lovely-labelled
post-hoc tests one may run after ANOVAs - Tukey, Sheffé, Bonferroni.
At first, Fisher would seem to be the odd man out, but, luckily, it's
Fisher's LSD (a sure cure for too much statistical work).

dInIs

--
Dennis R. Preston
Department of Linguistics and Languages