More on dishing in line

Wed Jun 13 15:27:54 UTC 2001

Is this more emantically transparent that arnold thinks? To ditch =
"to get rid of, to throw away," perhpas more importantly, "to get rid
of or leave behind something undesirable, particulrly, perhaps a
person." (We were driving cross-country with Elmer, but ditcfhed him
in Kalamazoo.)

Sides, I like to do etymologies this way. Who don't?

dInIs

--
Dennis R. Preston
Department of Linguistics and Languages