Black PR (Russian journalism)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Mon Jun 18 13:38:11 UTC 2001

   Greetings from St. Petersburg.  The Russian Hotel had seven hours to make up our rooms.  We checked in--and there are people still in them!  Not only that, but there's no hot water!
   What a country!!

BLACK PR

   From the ST. PETERSBURG TIMES, 15 June 2001, pg. 4, col. 5:

_Journalism's_
_Dirty Little_
_Secret Is_
_Revealed_
(...)  These sources say that the "black PR" practice of placing paid articles in newspapers and magazines, known as _zakazukha_ in Russian, is a multimillion-dollar industry involving nearly every publication in the country.

(Putin got invited to the George W. Bush ranch.  I'll bet he'll get free HBO--ed.)