same old

Kim & Rima McKinzey rkm at SLIP.NET
Tue Jun 19 00:17:50 UTC 2001

I just heard from Mark Mandel that the message I sent the other day
was essentially illegible due to the HTML stuff I didn't realize it
had.  In any case, here it is again, fixed (I hope).

I know we recently had a thread re hypercorrected/missing/added els
in words like milk or calm etc., but this was a new one to me.  My
first assumption is that "old" had long since become "ol'" and that
it fell into the so-dark-it-disappeared category - at least to her
hearing.  And then it was gone.  I can't remember if I ever heard her
say it, but I'm sure I would have assumed that the el was there (just
hiding in the dark).  In any case, here's the relevant sentence from
an e-mail I got from my Oklahoma mother-in-law:

"Well, we were talking about him obeying the doctors orders and Ray
not even listening...you got the idea he just wanted out and back to
his same oh same oh."

Rima