hand trucks vs dollies

Tue Jun 19 16:03:19 UTC 2001

On lundi 18 juin 2001 22:33, Kim & Rima McKinzey <rkm at SLIP.NET> wrote:
>To me, dollies are flat pieces of wood (usually) on four wheels and are
>pulled by a rope or a piece of metal and/or wood. A hand truck is
>vertical, on two wheels, and has two handles at the top that are integral
>with the vertical support.

My definition exactly. Note that some hand trucks can be put on their backs and used
as dollies, due to extra, smaller wheels near the handles.

Picture of a hand truck 74k, <http://homepage.mac.com/worldnewyork/handtruck.jpg>,
taken last Wednesday at the Fulton Fish market.

--
Grant Barrett
gbarrett at worldnewyork.org
http://www.worldnewyork.org/