your "deleted unread" message

Mark A. Mandel Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM
Fri Jun 22 14:50:20 UTC 2001

Ron Butters asked me:

In a message dated 6/20/2001 10:39:36 AM, Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM writes:

<< Deleted unread. I don't have time to deal with this sort of nonsense >>

Just out of curiosity, what are you talking about? Have you decided that
ADS-L is all nonsense? Since I don't get the digest, I'm not sure what you
are referring to. If you don't want to get it, why don't you just stop
getting it?
<<<<<

It was a digest that consisted, in its entirety, of a MIME attachment and a
message saying something like "Could not expand MIME attachment; out of
disk space". I thought that that error message had been included in my
post. (Pause to check.) Yes, the last-but-one digest in my inbox contains
my post, and this appears after my signature:

Automatic digest processor <LISTSERV at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> on
06/20/2001 12:04:46 AM

Please respond to American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>

Sent by:  American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>