"Gen up"

Natalie Maynor maynor at CS.MSSTATE.EDU
Thu Mar 1 16:06:32 UTC 2001

Dick Heaberlin wrote:

> On NPR news this morning, I heard the reporter say something like "Bush is
> trying to "gen up" support for his tax cut." I had never before heard that
> expression. Is it familiar to the rest of you?

You can "gen up" a computer network -- as in get it running.  Or at
least that was the expression I remember from back when our department
first got a Novell lab.  I assumed it had something to do with the
word "generate" -- which would fit in the context you described.
   --Natalie Maynor (maynor at ra.msstate.edu)