Boo

D. Ezra Johnson ezra_50 at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Mar 3 15:52:17 UTC 2001

This from an article in today's New York Times, about Nisqually:

"Scientists hunting for signs of liquefied soils that could
"potentially cause buildings to collapse or pipes within them to
"break have found surprises as well. Researchers had been
"particularly concerned that some places filled with loose
"sediments, like those around Kent, would experience "large-scale liquefying
of soils in a major earthquake.
"
"Yet today, scientists just in from surveying such regions said
"soils from many of them were largely sitting perfectly, solidly
"intact.
"
""We scoured the area," said Dr. Brian Sherrod, another "geologist with the
Geological Survey, who searched for
"evidence of liquefied soils from an airplane immediately after "the
earthquake and searched other likely regions by car.
"
""We didn't see boo," Dr. Sherrod said.

Has this been documented before?

I couldn't find the bare "boo" on an Internet search, but I did find
"diddly-boo" which would support an equivalence with "squat".

But I thought it was odd for the NYT just to hang that out there like it
would be familiar to all.

DEJ