All Your Base Are Belong To Us

Baker, John JBaker at STRADLEY.COM
Mon Mar 5 22:09:48 UTC 2001

        My very wired nephew describes the catch-phrase as "definitely big
in the gaming/anime world."  He also pointed me to http://www.engrish.com,
which apparently is only one of a number of "Engrish" sites.

        In addition to the Zero Wing game and its offshoots, fans of Engrish
are also quite excited about the latest offering from Hiroyuki Nishigaki,
How to Good-Bye Depression: If You Constrict Anus 100 Times Everyday.
Malarkey? or Effective Way?  Unusually for a vanity press publication, it
has risen to #4225 on Amazon.com's rankings, which is quite respectable; in
contrast, the highest-ranking Henry James novel (The Turn of the Screw,
Dover edition) is at #17017.

John Baker