dwarves etc.

Wed Mar 7 19:59:41 UTC 2001

Two interesting tidbits were in this week's issue of _Newsweek_:
1) In the cover story on Mad Cow Disease, human growth hormone is mentioned
as helping "dwarves" reach more normal heights (Mar. 12, p. 55).  The
spelling is also used in the Table of Contents blurb about the writing of
the story.  I've used both variants all my life, with the voiced form more
dominant recently.  What did the title of the Walt Disney movie use?
2) The same article says that "anyone with a television has ... maybe even
sussed out the connection" between various animal and human brain diseases
discussed.  Sussed out < suspicioned out/suspected?    The article  has
multiple authors, but two are from London.  The phrase is totally new to
me--Jesse?